Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday, Monday...

Well, after an exhausting but exhilerating weekend, I'm ready to hit Cast Party again tonight. I spent Friday evening at Caffe Taci listening to glorious operatic singers and then staying after hours and singing some Great American Songbook standards myself! When I arrived home, the sun was already up and I was in serious need of some sleep, especially as I was planning an eventful Saturday evening as well. After sleeping in and enjoying a lazy Saturday afternoon, I was ready to head to Manhattan again. First stop: Marie's Crisis to sing with Sheldon Forrest, who plays there every Saturday from 6-10. I hadn't been there in a while, and ended up having a fabulous time. I had to cut it a little short, though, so I could run uptown to Helen's to catch the fabulous Jeanne MacDonald's last show. I must say, it was terrific the first time I saw it, but this time it really blew me away. I stayed after to hang out at the piano bar and sing a little, then at around 2:30 a.m., I headed back to Taci to see who was still hanging out there. It was still pretty lively, and we stayed until around 3:30, then a small group of us headed back to Marie's Crisis and stayed till about 4:30, then went out to breakfast at a diner around the corner. Needless to say, I was a little tired yesterday...but I got a good night's sleep and am ready for another fantastic week, kicking of with Cast Party tonight! See you there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home