Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Friday, May 12, 2006

Metropolitan Room

I had the pleasure of attending opening night at The Metropolitan Room last evening, and boy, am I happy I went. Not only was the room beautiful, but the show was terrific. How can you go wrong with the amazing Billy Stritch doing the Mel Torme songbook? From a technical standpoint, the lights and sound were terrific. The room was designed to be a middle ground between clubs like The Duplex and Don't Tell Mama's on the one hand and Feinstein's and The Carlyle on the other. Time will tell, of course, but I think it has a good chance of succeeding. Lennie Watts has done a terrific job of getting an all-star lineup together to kick off the opening month - hopefully he will be able to keep it up!! Definitely head over if you get a chance. I'm not going to be in the city for the next few weekends, but I plan on going back to check out Karen Mason's show when she's there at the end of the month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home