Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Wednesday!

Hellooooooooo everyone!
Before I begin my recap of the past week, I do need to put out a plea - if anyone knows where I can purchase some Pocket Coffee, please let me know! Pocket Coffee is my favorite candy in the world, and I've grown accustomed to having 1 piece each afternoon to help me through the end of the work day. I just had my last piece, and the store where I usually purchase it is out!
Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way, let me get down to writing about the past week's shows!

On Thursday, August 7th, I went to Gotham Comedy Club to check out Homocomicus, which featured an all star lineup of comedians, including Nancy Witter, Jessica Kirson and Jim David, and was hosted by my friend Danny Leary. What a fun night! Everyone was superb, and Danny did a fantastic job of emceeing and keeping things moving!

On Saturday evening, I was pleased to be part of a performance at Don't Tell Mama. A few weeks ago, I wrote about my experience with Summer in the City, the cabaret workshop helmed by Lennie Watts and Lina Koutrakos. During the workshop, each of us had worked out an arrangement of a Beatles song, and on Saturday night, we put them all on their feet in front of a sold-out house! The show was called We Can Work It Out: The Music of the Beatles, and we had an absolute blast doing it! The audience was great, and everyone turned in excellent performances.

On Monday, it was off to Birdland for Cast Party, as usual. With Jim Caruso back at the helm for the second week in a row (he'd missed several weeks due to his tour with Liza Minnelli!), it was a terrifically fun night - can't wait to do it again next week!

Last night, I went to see the talented Gabrielle Stravelli in her show at the Laurie Beechman. With a supremely eclectic selection of material, ranging from Bob Marley to Hoagy Carmichael to Steely Dan, Gabrielle brought her unique vocal stylings to each of her selections and had the audience whooping and hollering throughout the evening. My favorite song of the evening was actually written by her bassist, J.B. Flatt. Titled "Please Don't Tempt Me," it's a blues that really let Gabrielle sink her teeth in and show some grit, in addition to her excellent voice!
That's about it for now - gotta head out to a book club meeting!
More to come soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home