Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Monday, August 25, 2008

Odds and Ends

Happy Monday, everyone! Can you believe next weekend is Labor Day weekend? WHERE did the summer go?!
It's actually been a fairly slow coupla weeks, so I don't have a ton to report on right now...
On Thursday, August 14th, I was pleased to be part of a show at the de Seversky Center in Long Island. Hosted by my friend Kate Beckman, the show featured Sue Matsuki, Gretchen Reinhagen, Irenka Jekubiak, and yours truly. Despite the monsoon-like weather, we actually had a nice, very appreciative crowd, so that was a lot of fun!
Last Monday's Cast Party was jam-packed with talented folks, including cellist Trevor Exter, bassist/composer Jay Leonhart, the fabulous Christine Lavin, and Broadway veterans Luba Mason and Jana Robbins. I'm definitely looking forward to another great Cast Party tonight!
I hit the Time Out New York Lounge to catch Julian Yeo and his swinging band on Tuesday evening, and had a great time as usual! The rest of the week was spent kind of laying low, as I had a few big auditions and I needed my beauty and vocal rest!
This weekend was a big family weekend for me, as it was my nephew Charlie's first birthday! His actual birthday was yesterday (August 24th), but we had the big party with friends and family on Saturday. It was soooooo much fun, and Charlie was a very happy birthday boy! Of course, he received plenty of musical gifts (a guitar, drums, a xylophone, and a "baby grand" piano) in addition to lots of other fun toys and cute outfits! As soon as I get my pictures loaded onto my computer, I'll post a few!
That just about brings us up to date - check back for more soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home