Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Happy March!

Hello everyone! Boy, it seems like March really is coming in like a lion this year - by all accounts, NYC should be a snowy, slushy mess by this time tomorrow! Ah, well - at least it'll be pretty while it's coming down, right?

So, anyway, I've got some exciting news - it seems my blogging skills have actually gotten me a regular column on BroadwayWorld.com! My first column was posted yesterday - you can look at it by clicking here. I'm going to be posting a new column every Friday, so be sure to check it out! Rest assured, though, I will still be faithful to my blog! Since my Friday column will be similar to what I've been doing on this blog, I'm going to try to shake up the format a bit here and do shorter, more frequent blogs - so be on the lookout!

On that note, let me tell you a bit about the fabulous MAC New Face Showcase I hosted yesterday! MAC has been doing New Face Showcases for about a year and a half now, as a way of introducing newer members of the cabaret community, and I always enjoy attending them. The showcase that was held yesterday was part 1 of 2 in a special edition showcase which features all of the artists who appear in the debut categories on this year's preliminary MAC Award ballot (the second showcase will be held next Saturday, 3/7). The performers featured yesterday were Shannon Brown, Edd Clark, Cait Doyle, Kevin Dozier, Nicole Kafka and Stearns Matthews - and I have to say, I was really blown away by the talent level! Each performer sang two songs, and I really enjoyed getting a chance to hear all of them - and talk about variety! We had everything from country to comedy to heartbreaking ballads...and pretty much everything in between! I'm so looking forward to hosting next week's showcase, too - it's at 3:30 p.m. at the Reprise Room, so if you're looking for something to do, come on in and check it out! It's free for MAC members and only $10 for non-members - hope to see you there!

That's about it for now, but be sure to check back for another update soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home