Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy New Year

Hello All!
Hope 2009 is finding you all happy, rested, and raring to go!
As for me, I'm easing into the new year quite nicely. I'm working on three different shows right now, which is most likely going to curtail my showgoing for the next few months, but the good news is that I'll have more time at my computer, which should mean more frequent posts!
My first show of the New Year was Boeing Boeing, which I was lucky enough to catch before it closed on January 4th. I made it in just under the wire and saw it on January 1st! Oh, my goodness! I laughed till my cheeks hurt. It was pure silly, lighthearted fun, and Mark Rylance was absolutely brilliant! My only regret is not seeing it earlier, so that I could have written about it and encouraged you all to go see it!
On Monday night, I went to my first Cast Party of 2009, and it was a blast, as usual. Host Jim Caruso (who also just closed on Broadway in Liza's at the Palace!), was in high spirits and great voice, and there was some terrific talent gracing the stage at Birdland. My favorite part of the night (which is also one of my favorite Cast Party moments EVER), was when Paul Schaffer (yes, THAT Paul Schaffer!) graciously volunteered to accompany Giles Terera on "Birth of the Blues!" Giles was visiting from London and didn't have a chart, and David Budway, who was the Cast Party pianist that evening, wasn't sure he knew it well enough. Jim asked if any piano players in the audience knew it, and the next thing I knew, Paul Schaffer was headed up to the stage to lend a hand. How cool is THAT?! Seriously, you just never know who's going to show up or what kind of magic is going to take place onstage at Cast Party - which is why I'm there pretty much every Monday night!
Okay, folks, that's all I've got so far for 2009, but stay tuned for more updates soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home