Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday again!

Happy Monday everyone!

I can't believe it's almost April, can you? Yikes! This year has been flying!

Last week wasn't as busy as usual, show-wise, but I still managed to squeeze in a couple of fun outings! On Monday night, it was Cast Party (as usual), with tons of fabulous talent filling the room! Forbidden Broadway star Christina Bianco, cabaret diva KT Sullivan, fab singer songwriter Zoe Lewis, 2009 Bistro Award winner Susan Winter, and the amazingly talented William Blake all brought the house down, and Cast Party regulars like David Goldman, Joan Crowe, and folk goddess Christine Lavin wowed and zowed 'em as well! Looking forward to another fab Cast Party tonight!

On Wednesday, March 25th, I headed over to the Time Out NY Lounge to catch theSet NYC, which is a monthly variety show that gives talented up-and-comers a chance to show themselves off. I had a terrific time there - it truly was a variety show! The acts I saw included a few singers (host RedWine, jazz/blues singer Anna Fiszman, and 22-year-old singer/songwriter Melanie Fontana), a few comedians (Liz Miele and Rob O'Reilly), a magician (Nick Ignazzi), and a dance team (Frida, Moncef and Ronja, who all hail from Sweden) - and the best part was, they were all terrific! Congrats to producers Pim, R. Lai, L. Mordis, and R. Taliver for putting together such a great show, and for providing such a wonderful opportunity for talent on the rise!

On Friday, March 27th, I caught the train upstate and was able to see my dad, Fortune Esposito, playing at John's Harvest Inn! He plays there every Friday night from 7-10 p.m. and because of my busy schedule in the city, I'm not able to get there as often as I'd like, but whenever I do, I have a great time. The combination of the great music (yay, Dad!), the amazing food, and the warm, homey atmosphere makes it a perfect Friday night destination - it's a great way to relax and unwind after a long week!

That's about it for now, folks, but check back for another update soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home