Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What Happened To May?!

Hello friends!

Okay, where did May go? It seems like two days ago that I was typing my last blog entry...but it was on May 3rd, and it's now May 29th - yikes!! Actually, I started typing this two days ago (May 27th), but only got about 2 sentences done when I got pulled away! Whew!

So, it's been a great month - tons of stuff going on! I presented the "sneak preview" of my Connie Francis show on May 14th at John's Harvest Inn in Middletown, NY, and let me tell you - I can't WAIT to do the show in the city! It has been a monumental project for me and the entire creative team has put a ton of work in on it...and we had a fantastic time performing it a few weeks ago! So, mark those calendars! We open at the Metropolitan Room on Tuesday, June 23rd and we'll be there for four Tuesdays in a row!

In addition to my show, there was the excitement of the MAC Awards, which took place on Monday, May 18th at BB King Blues Club & Grill. I was nominated in the category of female vocalist for the second year in a row, and even though I didn't win (congrats to my friend Terese Genecco, who DID win!), I still had a blast! All of the male and female vocalist nominees this year were asked to sing at the awards, so I got to get glammed up, wear a pretty gown, and sing for a packed house at BB King's - not too shabby! There were many great performances that night, two of my favorites coming from Polly Bergen, who was the Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, and the Marvelous Marilyn Maye, who took home the award in the "Celebrity Artist" category this year.

So, what else is going on, you ask? Well, I just saw a terrific show last night - Maxine Linehan's show, Who Am I? A Tribute To Petula Clark! Maxine has a lovely voice and a very engaging presence on stage, and, of course, there was great material to work with in this show! Musical Director Gerald Stockstill created some terrific arrangements, and Maxine was surrounded by a terrific band (including her fiancee Andrew Koss on guitar) and backup vocalists (Rosemary Loar and Kami Graves). The show touched on some of Petula's biggest pop hits as well as some of her musical theatre triumphs, which provided nice musical variety. This was the first time I'd seen a full show of Maxine's, and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

There's another tribute show going on this weekend, which I'm unfortunately not going to be able to get to, but I would if I could! Singer Grace Cosgrove (producer and host of the monthly "Singers' Soiree," Grace Notes), is doing her solo show, Wishin' and Hopin': Cosgrove Sings Bacharach tonight and tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. at the Metropolitan Room! Again, it promises to be a fun show with great material! Break a leg, Grace!

That's about all for now, but be sure to check out my Broadway World column for more info on what I've been up to!

Have a great weekend, and I'll post again soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home