Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Go Yankees (again!)

Well, it's another quick post before dashing out to Yankee stadium for me! It's been a busy week for me...after seeing the Yankees win last Wednesday evening, I spent Thursday evening at the Triad seeing Julian Yeo's show -what fun! Julian and I have very similar taste in music, which made it a most enjoyable show for me. He has an awesome trio backing him up, and a fantastic lineup of songs. Additionally, he's got a true love for what he's doing, which just shines through in his work. After his show, the trio stuck around for an open mike, which was very fun. I got up and did a few numbers, as did a bunch of Julian's talented friends. All in all, a fun night.
The following night, I went to see my friend Miles Phillips, who was performing in a short musical at the Laurie Beechman. It was one of three short musicals they were showcasing that evening, and it made for another fun night - I always enjoy hearing new music, and imagining what's next to come in the musical theatre world. Miles, of course, gave a terrific performance, as did everyone else in the show!
The following night, Rob and I pulled a double header - we went to see Baby Jane Dexter at the Metropolitan Room, followed by Jeanne MacDonald's show at Helen's. Both shows were terrific. I'd seen both of them before, and was happy for another chance to check them out. Baby Jane is simply incredible - she's got a larger than life personality and a voice to match. Her material was well-chosen and delivered with amazing energy. I especially enjoyed her "Love Potion Number Nine" and her story about her obsession with the frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity (I can totally relate)! Jeanne's show was also quite enjoyable -well chosen material, and sung beautifully - I just love her "Walkin' After Midnight/Detour Ahead" medley, and I love the way she sings "Help Is On the Way." Overall, another great night, to make 3 in a row!
On Monday evening, I had the treat of seeing Toxic Audio for the first time, and wow! They are an a capella group, but not "traditional" at all! They have soooooooooo much fun with their music - they do some crazy vocal sound effects and breathe new life into material that's been done and done and done. If you haven't heard them before, I'd HIGHLY recommend checking them out! They were playing at Birdland, so of course we stuck around for Cast Party afterwards, which was a blast, as usual!
So tonight, it's off to Yankee Stadium, then tomorrow night, I'll be seeing the fabulous Terese Genecco at the Metropolitan Room! Woohoo!
Check back for more soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home