Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Hello everyone! I'm back from my vacation and ready to go see some shows! The last show I saw was on Wednesday, December 20th. It was Karen Mason's Christmas show at the Metropolitan Room and it was fabulous! With Christopher Denny at the piano, she put on a terrific show that provided a welcome respite from the holiday madness. I've been meaning to write about it since the night I saw it, but the aforementioned holiday madness prevented me from doing so. Highlights for me included a fun, grown-up reading of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," Joni Mitchell's "River," which was hauntingly juxtaposed with "Joy to the World," and one of my favorite Karen songs, "The Sweetest of Nights and the Finest of Days." It was such a great show, I can't wait until Karen's 2007 Christmas show!
I'm easing myself back into things this week, and am hoping to catch Andrea Marcovicci's Hildegarde show at the Oak Room one more time before it closes. There's also a Rosemary Clooney show at the 92nd Street Y I'm planning to see. It's called "The Last Girl Singer: Rosemary Clooney and Her Way With Words" and features an amazing lineup - Karen Ziemba, Paula West, John Pizzarelli, James Naughton and Debbie Boon! I'm really looking forward to seeing it.
That's (amazingly!) all for now, but look for more updates soon!
Happy 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home