Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Monday, November 27, 2006

It's my Birthday Week!

Which means...that my birthday show is nearly upon us! The show is on my actual birthday, which is Saturday, December 2nd, and I'm so excited about it. We've truly got an all-star lineup and we're going to be backed by an incredible band. The performers include Barbara Brussell, Lodi Carr, Angela Carstensen, Hector Coris, Fortune Esposito, Kelly Esposito-Broelmann, David Goldman, Ritt Henn, David Ippolito, Sue Matsuki, Michael Quinn, Ben Rauch, Gretchen Reinhagen, Matt Sigl, Jenny Lynn Stewart, Maureen Taylor and, of course, yours truly! The band is headed up by my dad, Fortune Esposito, who will be playing guitar and pulling things together as music director, and he'll be joined by Michael Blanco on bass, Richard Schacher on piano, and Brian DeWitt on drums. It's all happening at the Laurie Beechman Theatre at the West Bank Cafe at 7 p.m. on Saturday, December 2nd - hope to see you there! Seating is limited, so make sure to call for a reservation (212-695-6909). There's a $10 cover + $15 food/drink minimum. Discounts are available for MAC, Cabaret Hotline, P-M, Yale, and Cast Party.
Okay, so beyond my self-promotion, you're wondering, what else do I have to report today? The answer is "not a heck of a lot!" I actually had 5 WHOLE DAYS off around the Thanksgiving holiday, during which I pretty much baked, ate, and shopped. It was heavenly!
But before that...I saw Colm Reilly's Roy Orbison show at Helen's on Friday, 11/17 and I had a ball! This show truly lets Colm shine in a way that I'd never seen him shine before. I've always enjoyed watching him perform, but something about this music and the way he delivers it is just magical. This is a MUST SEE! I'm already trying to figure out when I can catch it again!
The following night, I saw the always-fabulous Sally Mayes at the Metropolitan Room. Sally put on a dynamite show, and I had a wonderful time. She has a great way of making every single person in the audience feel like her best friend, and it was a really enjoyable way to spend my Saturday night.
On Sunday, 11/19, I returned to the Metropolitan Room to see Scott Coulter in his new show, "Pocket Change." I'd seen Scott perform a number of times before, but never in a solo show, and what a treat it was! His sweet voice, his openness, and his engaging personality make for a show that's tough to beat. I hope he brings it back so I can see it again!
Tonight, I was back at the Metropolitan Room, this time to see Mary Bond Davis. Wow. What a voice! Probably the single biggest voice I've heard in the city, and you all know I hear a lot! The song selection was terrific, and Mary's joy in being able to share her music with the audience was evident.
Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving, and I hope to see you at my show on Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home