Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Friday, September 29, 2006

TGIF!

Hey, Happy Friday everyone! Hope it's been a great week...I've had a pretty busy week, myself. On Monday night, I went to Cast Party, as usual, and then on Tuesday night, I went to the Coffeehouse tribute to Joni Mitchell at the D-Lounge. What a great show! It featured a number of fabulous entertainers, including Brandon Cutrell, Baby Jane Dexter, Lisa Asher, Liz McCartney, and Tim DiPasqua. One of the great things about Joni's songs are the stories they tell, and on Tuesday night, they were in the hands of some pretty terrific storytellers, so it was a really wonderful time. Last night, I was in my friend Ryan Jons' show at the Duplex. The title of the show was "Random" and random, it was - in the best sense of the word! Ryan has assembled a musical notebook featuring a variety of songs and styles, as well as a really interesting variety of performers. I'll keep you posted on future performances.
Tonight, I'm heading to the After Party at the Laurie Beechman Theater. It starts at 10:30, and is a really fun, high-energy open mike. Tomorrow, I'm planning to see Kate Loitz at the Duplex for her show, A Tasty Piece of Kate...then Sunday, I'm taking a night off from cabaret-going, which brings us back to Monday and Cast Party! Also, before Cast Party on Monday, I'm planning to catch the 7:00 show at Birdland, which is going to be featuring the music of Deborah Abramson. I've heard some of Deborah's music before, when it was featured at the Laurie Beechman as part of the "New Mondays" series, and I loved it! On Monday, it's going to be performed by an all-star lineup including Manoel Feliciano (Sweeney Todd, Tony nominee), Megan Lawrence (Pajama Game, Tony nominee), Sally Wilfert (Assassins, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer), Michael Winther (Drama Desk nominee for Songs from an Unmade Bed), and more! I can't wait to see it!
Before I sign off, let me remind you that one week from tonight, I'll be at the Laurie Beechman in my show I Hate Men: Songs for the Scorned! It is SUCH a fun show, and we're doing some fabulous songs - I would really, really appreciate your support! I'll also be there the following Friday (October 13th). Both shows are at 9 p.m. Hope to see you there!
Have a terrific weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home