Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Happy Weekend

Well, it's Thursday night - quite possibly my favorite night of the week, because of the anticipation of the weekend. So many things to do, so many shows to see...the possibilities abound. So...let me bring you up to date on my planned itinerary for the weekend. Friday night I'll be heading to The After Party at the Laurie Beechman. I know I've written about it before, but for those who are new to my blog, I'll give a brief description...The After Party is a really fun open mike for musical theater/cabaret performers. It's hosted by the very funny, very talented Brandon Cutrell, who is assisted by the also-very-talented Alysha Umphress! It's very laid back and highly entertaining and I always have a great time. Ray Fellman is the fabulous accompanist.
On Saturday, I'll actually be taking a night off from cabaret-going, but if you're looking for a good show to see, I'd recommend seeing Kate Loitz in A Tasty Piece of Kate at the Duplex at 7 p.m.. I have not seen this show yet, but I've heard really good things about it and am planning on going myself on Saturday, September 30th.
On Sunday, I'm going to do a doubleheader at the Metropolitan Room - first, at 4 p.m., I'm going to see Karen Oberlin in her show Like Love: The Popular Songs of Andre Previn. Then at 7 p.m., I'm going to see my friend Sue Matsuki in her show Jam 'N Toasts. It's gonna be a full, fun weekend - I can't wait to get started!
Have fabulous weekend and I'll update you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home