Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Liza!

Yes, we had a Liza sighting at Cast Party the other night! Not the first, and I'm sure it's not the last, but it's always exciting. She did a song that had been written for her when she was 16, for a musical she was supposed to do with Jeanette MacDonald, but that never actually came to fruition. It was a very touching song - there was even a line about Judy (Garland) singing about "the boy next door!" After that, the crowd went wild, so she called up a special guest from the audience to join her on her next song, and the guest was none other than Michael Feinstein! Michael joined Billy Stritch and Jim Caruso in singing "I Love a Violin" with Liza - what an incredible experience! And THAT, my friends, is why I go to Cast Party every Monday night - you just NEVER know who's going to be there! Also performing at Cast Party that night was one of my favorites - Tony DeSare. He's a fabulous singer/songwriter/piano player in that classic, rat-packy mode, and I always enjoy seeing him perform.
Not too much else going on this week, because I'm getting ready to head out to Colorado for the Perry-Mansfield "Art of Cabaret Workshop," where I'll be working with Karen Mason, Andrea Marcovicci, Barry Kleinbort, Shelly Markham, and Christopher Denny. I can't wait! The program starts on Monday, 8/21 and goes through Monday, 8/28. I'm heading out on Friday, 8/18, though, to give myself a few days to sightsee and get used to breathing the mountain air before I attempt to sing in it!
I don't think I'm going to have much internet access while I'm out there, so I may not be able to do any updates until I get back, but if I can find a cyber-cafe, I may be able to get in a post or two!
Make sure to mark your calendars for the first two Fridays in October (the 6th and the 13th) - I'm bringing my "I Hate Men" show back for a couple more shows. They're both at 9 p.m. at the Laurie Beechman Theatre at the West Bank Cafe.
That's about all for now - more upon my return from Colorado!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home