Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Monday, June 26, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays

If rainy days and Mondays always get me down, what happens when it's a rainy Monday?! Must be really down.
Luckily, though, I enjoy rainy days, as well as Mondays...
I had a great weekend - saw two terrific shows. The first one was What's Your Problem? with Hector Coris, Suzanne Adams, and Eric Martin. What a terrific show. The music is all original and so very witty and clever. It was a great way to spend my Saturday evening. All three cast members are extremely talented, and the fast paced show just flew by. I ended up sitting next to another colleague from the cabaret world, Shaynee Rainbolt who has just gotten back from her whirlwind 4-city tour to promote her new cd. Yay Shaynee!
Last night, I went to the Metropolitan Room to see the Roast, Toast & Tribute to Jim Caruso, the host of Cast Party. Jim has single-handedly created the biggest night out in show biz, and is a witty, clever, and very talented performer in his own right. He knows more people in show business than anyone else I know, and is the only person I can think of that could host an open mike night for the broadway/jazz/cabaret/folk communities and keep it entertaining week after week. The star-studded cast included Karen Mason, Sally Mayes, Linda Lavin, Stephanie J. Block, Natalie Douglas, Julie Reyburn, Billy Stritch, and the talented hostess/producer, Carolyn Montgomery. The house was beyond sold out, and the show was incredible. What a great tribute to a great performer and colleague.
Tonight, it's Cast Party as usual, and then tomorrow it's my last performance of I Hate Men: Songs for the Scorned. I'd be so very excited if the room was packed, and from the sounds of things, it very well might be. If you haven't called for a reservation yet, I'd highly recommend it. 212-255-5438
See you there!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home