Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Happy Thursday

TGIT! Doesn't have quite the same ring as TGIF, but it means that "F" is only one day away, and that makes me a happy girl!
Anyway, let me get to my updates. Sunday night, my family and I headed to the Bradstan in White Lake, NY to see Colm Reilly's show, Being Green, which was all Irish songs. I had seen the show in NY over St. Patrick's Day weekend and was thoroughly charmed, so I couldn't pass up the chance to see it again - especially because this time, my Irish granny came along. She knew every word of every song and was singing along with Colm the whole evening. We really had a lot of fun. Colm is one of the owners of one of my favorite cabaret rooms, Helen's. If you haven't been there, it's definitely a treat. Not only do they book great talent for their cabaret room, but their piano bar is my favorite one in the city, and they also have great food. What's not to love?!
Monday evening, I was planning to go see Marty Thomas at the Cast Party. It was a fun night - not nearly as exciting as the previous week, but very entertaining nonetheless. Last night, I headed over to the Metropolitan Room for Jamie deRoy and Friends. What a great night! Jamie, as always, was a charming hostess, and the talented lineup included Anna Bergman, Kathy Brier, La La Brooks (lead singer for the '60s group the Crystals), and singer/songwriter Julie Gold (best known for writing Bette Midler's hit, "From a Distance"). It was great to see Kathy Brier - I was in a summer stock production of West Side Story with her nine years ago, and she's gone on to have a very successful career on One Life to Live and she also starred in the Broadway production of Hairspray. She did a terrific song from her new album, Heartbreaker. If you get a chance, swing by her website at www.kathybrier.com and check it out.
So, that's all the news for now...more to come soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home