Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Friday, September 08, 2006

Weekend Update

Oh, thank goodness it's Friday! What a week. After coming back from Colorado and jumping right into things in NYC, I was feeling pretty tired this week. But now the weekend is here and I'm feeling revitalized with tons to do! Tonight, I'm going to head over to The After Party at the Laurie Beechman Theatre at around 10:30. It's an open mike, like Cast Party, but a little more casual, a little more raucous, and a little more theatre - heavy. I've gone a few times and had a blast, so I'm looking forward to heading over tonight. Brandon Cutrell hosts, with Ray Fellman at the piano and Alysha Umphress as cohost(ess!).
Tomorrow, I'm going to see one of my absolute favorites, the incomparable Ann Hampton Callaway at Dizzy's Club Coca-Cola. She just released a fabulous new cd, "Blues in the Night," so I'm looking forward to hearing some of the material from that as well as (hopefully) a few old favorites. If I have time, I may try to run down to the village to see Hector Coris in "What's Your Problem" at Rose's Turn, but even if I don't make it, I highly, highly recommend it.
Sunday's going to be fun, too. I'm going to the Roast Toasts & Tributes tribute to Sidney Myer. This is a series headed by Carolyn Montgomery to honor "some of New York's finest and most beloved cabaret personalities." Each honoree has been awarded with the Sidney Myer Award for Excellence in Cabaret, and Sidney will be the final honoree. This show boasts an all-star cast of Helen Baldassare, James Beaman, Charles Busch, Tommy Femia, James Gavin, Marcy Heisler and Zina Goldrich, Jenifer Kruskamp, Sue Matsuki (my new friend from cabaret camp!), Marin Mazzie, Mark Nadler, Miles Phillips, Ron Poole, Billy Porter, Julie Reyburn, Jay Rogers and KT Sullivan. Wow!!! I can't wait. And then there's the after party at the D-Lounge, which is the city's newest cabaret lounge - it's under the Daryl Roth Theatre at Union Square.
Sounds like a good weekend to me!
More updates soon, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home