Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Jeanne MacDonald, Cast Party and Other Assorted Things

Greetings! So, when I left off over the weekend, I was planning to go see Jeanne MacDonald at the Bradstan, which I did, indeed, do! It was a great show. Jeanne, as always, was so warm and accessible, and was just a pleasure to watch and listen to. She was accompanied by her music director, the fabulous Rick Jensen on piano, and she picked up her guitar to play on a few songs as well! Highlights (for me) were a great medley of "Walkin' After Midnight" and "Detour", and a very touching rendition of "Didn't We." Look for the show to come to Helen's in October.
I went to my first Cast Party in 3 weeks last night, and boy, did I have fun! My new friend from cabaret camp, Gretchen Reinhagen, came along and sang "Twisted, which was fantastic, and there were lots of favorite regulars including David Ippolito and Hilary Kole. I wasn't sure what to expect for a holiday, but the turnout was great, Jim was his usual entertaining self, and Ted Firth and Steve Doyle provided fabulous backup for the parade of talent.
In other news...my friend Hector Coris is doing his final performance of "What's Your Problem?" this Saturday at 9 p.m. at Rose's Turn (55 Grove Street at 7th Avenue). I saw the show earlier this year and had an absolute blast. Hector and his castmates, Suzanne Adams and Eric Martin, provide a fabulous, very funny hour of entertainment. Sadly, I won't be able to make it, but if you're in the city and have Saturday night free, I'd highly recommend checking it out!
That's about all for now - more soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home