Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Mychelle Colleary and Broadway Unplugged!

Hello all! Well, I left off on Wednesday, when I was getting ready to head to the Metropolitan Room to see Mychelle Colleary's show,"ENTER the NOVEMBER NEBULA with SHIRLEY TEMPLE's EVIL TWIN." I had a great time - Mychelle put together a terrific show, weaving in a number of winter/holiday tunes to get us ready for the holiday season, which is fast-approaching! John DePalma was her guest, and the two of them had a great, relaxed chemistry and a wonderful vocal blend.
Tonight, I'm headed back to the Metropolitan Room to hear the fabulous Klea Blackhurst in her Hoagy Carmichael show, "DREAMING OF A SONG: THE MUSIC OF HOAGY CARMICHAEL." She's joined by Billy Stritch, which should make what promises to be a great show even better! I'll give a report later in the week.
Tomorrow is a night I've been looking forward to for a while - it's the third annual "BROADWAY UNPLUGGED" at Town Hall. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a show featuring a number of Broadway performers, all singing great Broadway songs the good old fashioned way - no amplification! It's a chance for us to hear the pure voice, without the assistance of mikes or a sound system. The reviews from past years have been outstanding, and I am really looking forward to seeing the show tomorrow night. If you don't have plans for tomorrow night yet, definitely give this some consideration! Tickets can be purchased by calling the box office at (212) 997-6661. Maybe I'll see you there!
In any case, hope you all had great weekends, and I'll post an update soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home