Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Go Yankees!

Hello all! I'm just about to head out to a Yankees game, but wanted to squeeze in a quick update. When I left off last week, I was preparing to see "Curtains" on Broadway...what a fun show! I'm always a sucker for a good murder mystery (really, it doesn't even have to be a good murder mystery - the sillier, the better!) and with David Hyde Pierce as the inspector, the show really couldn't miss, as far as I was concerned. Sure, it's admittedly not the most exciting Kander and Ebb score ever, but there's a beautiful, touching song that doubles as a tribute to their long partnership called "I Miss The Music," which is beautifully delivered by Jason Daniely. The show is a love note to music theatre, and has an absolutely stellar cast, including Karen Ziemba, Debra Monk, Noah Racey, Edward Hibbert, and Ernie Sabella. Fun, fun, fun!
On Saturday evening, I saw the lovely and talented Leslie Orofino in her new show, "Spring Fever," which is playing at Helen's. On a chilly April night, Leslie sure knew how to turn up the heat, with her sultry renditions of a number of well-chosen songs. Among my favorites: "Spring Cleaning," "Soon It's Gonna Rain," and Tony Desare's "Let's Just Stay In." Leslie is a charming, passionate and engaging performer and gave her all to a wonderfully entertaining show.
On Sunday, I headed back to Helen's for Rob Langeder's final performance of "Broadway Revival." Along with a number of other brave souls who pushed through the monsoon to make the show, I had a fabulous afternoon. As good as the show has been in the past, I think this show may have even better. Rob's voice just soared, the band rocked, and the well-chosen material really hit home.
Monday night, was of course Cast Party night and I had a great time as usual. Rob and I both sang, as did some of my other favorites - Christine Lavin and Hilary Kole, to name a few!
Okay, it's off to the Yankee game for me! Look for another update soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home