Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Eric Michael Gillett, Vocal Ease, Christine Lavin, and more!

Hello all!
Well, even though I've been "taking it easy" to try to save some money for funding my cd (by the way, if anyone wants to be a "sponsor," please shoot me an email!), I've still managed to pack in quite a bit in the past week! On Thursday evening, I went to my favorite haunt, the Metropolitan Room to see Eric Michael Gillett's show. I'd heard great things about Eric from well-trusted sources, so I was very excited to see him for myself! The room was PACKED and the energy was palpable, and I'm happy to say that Mr. Gillett just took that energy and ran with it! Fantastic arrangements were provided by musical director D. Jay Bradley, and the backup vocalists and the band rocked! Eric's vocals were great, and the song selection was comprised of radio hits from the '60s through the '80s - surefire crowd pleasers! Additionally, great lights and sound (by Michael Barbieri and J.P. Perraux, respectively) contributed to an all-around great show.
On Sunday, I did a show with Vocal Ease, which was a great way to spend the afternoon. I know I've written about Vocal Ease before, but just to refresh your memories (or tell you for the first time, if you haven't read my previous entries!), Vocal Ease is a nonprofit volunteer singing organization that provides live entertainment for New York City's senior citizens at hospitals, nursing homes and senior centers and residences. It's headed up by Eva Swan, who does an incredible job of putting together shows with some of the city's best performers, and booking them all over the city - and in so doing, bringing a lot of joy to some of the people who need it most! Sunday's show was even more touching than usual, as we were performing for Holocaust survivors and their families. I shared the stage with Eva, Gretchen Reinhagen, Dane Reese, and the fabulous Eugene Gwozdz was our accompanist. As I said, a GREAT way to spend a Sunday afternoon!
Monday found me dashing off after my voice lesson to meet Christine Lavin at a recording studio and provide some backup vocals for her forthcoming album - what fun! Joining me on backups were my boyfriend Rob Langeder, Joan Crowe, David Goldman, Janet Fanale, Jenny Lynn Stewart and another friend of Christine's who was visiting the city. We all had a great time, and then we headed uptown to Cast Party and had a great time there, as well! A very busy but very fun Monday!
Tonight, it's off to see the Yankees play the Red Sox - keep your fingers crossed that our boys play the way we know they're capable of playing and crush the Sox, or it could be a VERY long night in the bleachers!
That's about all for now, but check back for more soon!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Josephine1028 said…

    I was just wondering if Valerie Lemon ever appeared with VOCAL EASE when they perform at senior citizens' residences, nursing homes and hospitals.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home