Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jenna in the Studio!

Hello and Happy Tuesday! If you've noticed that I haven't updated in over 10 days, there's a good reason why - I've been completely occupied working on my first CD! We started in the studio on Sunday, and most of last week was spent prepping. It's being produced by Kelly Park, who's also playing piano on it. One of the cool parts about doing the cd is that it's given me the chance to work with some incredible musicians including the aforementioned Mr. Park; my Dad, Fortune Esposito (guitar); Buca Necak (bass); Kent Bryson (drums); Michael Blanco (bass); Brian DeWitt (drums); my fab sis, Kelly Esposito-Broelmann (backup vocals); Rob Langeder (backup vocals) and Brian Broelmann (tenor sax). I'm really excited about the project. We're hoping to wrap up the mixing this week, so look for more updates on it soon!
Beyond that, there's not a heck of a lot to report - as I said, the CD has been consuming most of my time. I DID see an awesome show at the Metropolitan Room last week, though - Kristine Zbornik put on one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. She's zany and off the wall and man, can she sing! She's got one performance of this run left on May 21st at 7 p.m. If you haven't seen it, GO!
And speaking of the fabulous Metropolitan Room, they threw a fantastic one-year-anniversary bash last night. I was there on opening night last year to see Billy Stritch's Mel Torme show, and I am thrilled that the club has been so successful. Congrats to the Mazzilli brothers, Lennie Watts, and the wonderful staff there! After the party, we headed uptown to the OTHER party - yep, it was a Cast Party night and, as usual, it was really fun time! I was fortunate enough to have my producer/piano player extraordinaire, Mr. Kelly Park, with me, so he accompanied me on my song, and we had a great time doing it!
I'm exhausted today, but looking forward to heading to the studio after work to work on the CD...check for more updates soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home