Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Okay...now where did JUNE go?!

Hello everyone!

Apologies for the delay in blog entries - you know I'm always a busy girl, but I think this June has to have been one of my busiest months EVER! Between preparing for the opening of my new show, Jenna Esposito Sings Connie Francis, taking over as the host of MetroJam at the Metropolitan Room, settling into a new day job, and finding time to see shows and write about them on my Broadway World column, I've hardly had a second to breathe!

That being said, I do have some fun news to share - I've been doing a number of radio interviews, promoting both my Connie Francis show and my CD, and they've been going very well! My CD is now being played on select radio stations across the country, which is very exciting! And the Connie Francis show opened last week to rave reviews, which will be posted on my website shortly - I'm thrilled!

Now, you can read about my most recent cabaret-going activities on my Broadway World column by clicking here, but I do want to share a fun story that I didn't include in the column. On this past Monday night, I headed to Cast Party at Birdland as usual, and after I finished my song, I started making the rounds, handing out postcards to promote my Connie show. Well, I got to this one table, and Paul Shaffer (you know, THE Paul Shaffer of Letterman fame!) was sitting there with a group of people. Now, he's actually been to Cast Party a number of times before, and I was thrilled when he actually said hello to me the last time he was there, which was several months ago. Well, on this past Monday, he actually took my hand and said, "Jenna, that song was great - one of my favorites!" Which would have been cool enough...and THEN, he said, "Jenna, meet my friend Marty." And he moved his head aside, and sitting behind him was MARTIN SHORT!!! I almost fell over! I think I gasped (which was completely un-cool of me, but REALLY - how was I to know?!) and then Martin Short shook my hand and said, "Nice to meet you." I can't even remember what I managed to stammer after that, but I when I got back to my table, boy did I have a fun story to share! A few minutes later, "Marty" got up onstage, and, accompanied by Paul Shaffer, did a hilarious parody to the tune of "Almost Like Being In Love," titled "Summer Makes Me Want To Cheat On My Wife!" Definitely one of my favorite Cast Parties ever!

Anyhoo, that's about all I've got time for today - I promise to try to give another update soon, though!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home