Jenna's Two Cents Blog   
Website: JennaEsposito.com   

Friday, December 18, 2009

Jenna's 8th Day of Christmas


Hooray, I finally got to hit a few of the holiday shops today! Every year in NYC, little markets/fairs pop up all over the city, making for a unique and fun shopping experience. Many of the vendors at the various fairs are independent, although there are a few chains mixed in. I always have a great time looking for handmade jewelry, candles and soaps, in addition to stocking up on gourmet chocolates and various other knick-knacks. My two favorite fairs are the Union Square Park Holiday Market and the Holiday Shops at Bryant Park, and as luck would have it, I had time to hit both of them tonight. It was freezing out when I arrived at the Union Square shops, but that just added to the feeling of holiday hustle-bustle...so I treated myself to some hot apple cider and started browsing! I ended up not purchasing anything, but I did have fun nosing around, and that apple cider was yummy! After I'd finished there, I hopped on the subway and headed up to Bryant Park, to check out the offerings there! I did end up making a few purchases there, but they shall remain secret since some of the gift recipients may be reading this! ;)

Anyway, Bryant Park is where today's picture comes from. This little scene was set up right in the middle of the south side of the park, and I only noticed it as I was making my way out, but as soon as I saw it, I knew it had to go in the blog. I hope you enjoy it!

It seems that we've got a big winter storm heading our way, so I'll close by wishing you all a warm, cozy, happy weekend!

Oh, and by the way, if you're looking for more info on the various holiday shops, there's a good site covering all of them, which you can reach by clicking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home